Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
25th November, 2005
PC, PS2, Xbox
THE MATRIX PATH OF NEO|
You Are The One
In The Matrix: Path of Neo, you will play as Neo and relive his most important and memorable scenarios from the complete film trilogy. The path you take to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences are entirely scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers, creators of The Matrix movies.
While you will play as Neo, from the moment the game begins, how the situations play out, how you handle them, where you go and how people react to you - it's all up to you. You may win where Neo failed in the movies or find another way to solve the problem - the Path of Neo is now yours to follow.
The choices you make to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences may be different from the original films. Alternative scenarios filled with new characters, content and storylines have all been written and planned by the Wachowski Brothers to expand the Matrix universe and the overall gaming experience.
The Matrix: Path of Neo marks the second collaboration of Atari and Shiny Entertainment development studio; the Wachowski Brothers, creators of The Matrix movies trilogy; and Joel Silver, producer of the trilogy. In May 2003, Atari released Enter The Matrix, a parallel timeline to The Matrix Reloaded movie and a bridge to The Matrix Revolutions, which debuted at #1 atop gaming charts worldwide and has sold nearly six million games to date.
- Assume the role of Neo - from when he, as Thomas Anderson, gets the cell phone in the package from Morpheus, to the flying street battle in the rain against Agent Smith. ALL the key moments that gamers have asked for have been included.
- Use martial arts, medieval weapons and "guns, lots of guns" to take on a variety of enemies, such as heavily armed SWAT officers; Agents of the Matrix, including Agent Smith; and Exiles in the employ of the Merovingian.
- Enhanced "Bullet Time" special effects from the films allow you to dodge bullets, jump off walls and defy gravity and logic.
- To re-create Neo's incredible range of moves, the game features a more sophisticated martial arts engine to give you the true feeling of being "The One."
- To truly immerse you in the Matrix universe, the game will feature a "Director's Cut" of the original movie footage from all three films and The Animatrix DVD as cinematic sequences to progress the story told from Neo's perspective. An exclusive to Path of Neo, the footage was edited by Zach Staenberg, the Academy Award winning editor of The Matrix, working side by side with the Wachowski Brothers.
- Once again blurring the lines between Hollywood and interactive entertainment, Path of Neo will feature the likenesses of all of the films' key actors - including Keanu Reeves (Neo), Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus), Carrie-Ann Moss (Trinity), and Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) and Jada Pinkett-Smith (Niobe).
- Re-creating the incredible ambience of being in the Matrix, the game features a full orchestral score playing in surround sound, developed to follow the action of the game. In addition, the soundtrack will feature original songs by the bands that were featured in the Matrix films.
This game is for the Xbox, this game is also available on PC DVD.