Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
16th January, 2008
Take the Controls and Let the Landscape Unfold
This is the game that trail enthusiasts have been waiting for! Rail Simulator provides the most realistic simulation of trains possible on a PC. Also, you are given powerful tools to create your own railway world.
Take charge of steam, diesel and electric trains on real routes in the US, UK and Germany.
- Stunningly Realistic Graphics & Audio - The game makes full use of modern graphics cards and EAX audio to achieve a believable environment.
- Accurate Train Driving Simulation - Careful measurement, modelling and simulation of real trains allow the developers to provide highly accurate handling characteristics.
- Steam, Diesel and Electric Trains - Contemporary and historic trains are provided, to appeal to all types of train enthusiast.
- Three Levels of Driving Difficulty - Each train can be driven in easy, intermediate or expert mode. Easy provides a wonderful "install and go" experience, which allows even the novice driver to experience the thrill of train driving. But be warned, Expert mode requires an attention to detail in common with driving the actual train - take special care of every little detail!
- Passenger and Freight Operations - The environments and rolling stock supplied with the game let you focus on driving both passenger and freight - each needing its own specific skills.
- Hours of Missions to Test your Skill as a Train Driver - With 15 scenarios to test your skill, can you meet the demanding task of driving a busy commuter train? Or maybe collecting the components of a freight load and delivering all of the parts on time? Your performance on each mission is measured to provide feedback on your personal performance as a train driver.
- Free-Roaming Experience - If you prefer a more leisurely approach, free-roam allows to you explore the routes at your own pace.
- Four Real-World Routes - Each route is on average 90 miles long and both historic and current environments are featured.
- View the Action from Any Angle - You can drive from the cab of your train, welding all the controls at the touch of a button; take a leisurely ride from one of the many carriages; fly as high as a bird, taking in all the surroundings as you whisk along; or maybe you wish to get up close to control all the junctions and switches from the track side.
- Fully Functioning Turntables & Traversers - Train are big, and they aren't always facing in the right direction. With this all new functionality, you can interact, operate, and perform tasks with increased efficiency.
- Localised Signalling Systems - No railway would be complete without accurate signalling allowing it to operate. Implemented into Rail Simulator is an extremely flexible signalling system using LUA Scripts. Using this system, each route has completely accurate localised signal systems with real world functionality, including all the bells and whistles.
- Complete World Editing Tool Suite - Included is a full suite of editing tools to start making your own fully interactive worlds. The ability to lay immensely complex track, place all manner of detailed scenery objects with great accuracy, as well as texture the landscape to your hearts content.
- Track Laying Made Easy! - Rail Simulator's advanced track laying system takes all the hassle out of creating a realistic railway line. Its simple point and click interface allows you to lay vast amounts of track in minutes. Measure out any length, curve or gradient accurately and on more than one track at a time. Additional tools allow you to snap to nearby tracks, removing the need for tedious fine tuning, join any disconnected sections back together, and weld any sections that might have gaps. There are even tools that allow you to make changes even after you have finished laying your track.
Kuju Entertainment previously developed Microsoft Train Simulator, which sold a million copies and inspired third-party companies to develop over 40 expansion packs.
| All PC games are in ENGLISH (including the box and whatever it's supposed to come with), with unused CD-keys, and have not been registered. This will work on any computer, anywhere that meets the system requirements. PC games do not have regional encoding (PAL/NTSC). Check any PC game you own and you will not find a regional-encoding label on it. It will work on your American/European/Australian PC. |
Factory-sealed and brand-new (we follow all of eBay’s standard for new items). This is not a pirated (boot-leg) copy.
Yes, other sellers do sell pirated copies as the real thing. Yes, other sellers send "the CDs only to save on shipping". We ARE NOT one of those sellers. We DO NOT strip-down or misrepresent our products! These are the real thing! Our feedback speaks for itself!