Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
21st November, 2008
Neverwinter Nights Site
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2: STORM OF ZEHIR expansion|
A New Era Dawns Over Faerun, the Jungles of Chult Reveal Their Hidden Menace
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir expands upon the Neverwinter Nights 2 series by delivering an engrossing Dungeons & Dragons experience, hearkening back to the days of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games by including full party customization, dungeon crawling and free exploration of a non-linear game world via Overland Map.
What fate has befallen the Sword Coast since the defeat of the King of Shadows? Shipwrecked on the shores of a hostile jungle nation, your adventurers must fight their way to civilization, uncovering a plot that will change Faerūn forever. Among the mighty, beware who you trust.
- Overland Map - Instead of warping from location to location on a 2D map, travel the Sword Coast and Samarach using the open ended exploration of the Overland Map, which is populated by guards that patrol from city to city, roaming bands of monsters that will hunt you down when they detect you, hidden dungeons deep inside the jungle, and a lot of special encounters that will appear at random as you play. Use skills like Spot and Survival to avoid ambushes and find hidden locales and lost artifacts.
- Create Your Own Full Party of Adventurers - Devastate your foes with a squad of fireball-flinging Sorcerers, form a solid wall of steel with a party of Fighters, or strike the perfect balance in your party by spreading out the classes you choose for your characters. With the Party Editor, you can create up to three additional party members to join you on your quest, or choose from several pre-generated characters. When one of your party members hits level six, taking the "Leadership" feat allows you to add up to two additional cohorts to your party.
- Improved Party Gameplay - Participate in streamlined party conversations, a new Teamwork Benefit System, and powerful party feats. Each party member will have different responses in a conversation; these responses are based on a character's gender, race, class, attributes, deity and skills. Thus, you should find yourself with many more options available to you during any given conversation.
- World Reaction - The world's economy reacts to your adventures and choices. Part of Storm of Zehir's storyline revolves around Sa'Sani, an enigmatic businesswoman who had cargo on the ship which crashes at the beginning of the game. While you remain in Sa'Sani's employ, you will be tasked with finding rare ores and expensive animal skins, which can be converted into Trade Bars. Trade Bars are the official currency of the game's merchant guilds, one of which your party will be able to join and assist. Each merchant guild will have different rewards for advancement and different ethical guidelines for trading, so choose carefully!
- Updated Classic Features - New classes (including prestige classes), spells, creatures, and playable races.
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir is an expansion, and requires Neverwinter Nights 2 to play.
Developed by Feargus Urquhart and the team who developed, at Obsidian Entertainment, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. The same team, at Black Isle Studios, was responsible for publishing the Baldur’s Gate series, the Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance series and the creation of the Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment and the classic Fallout and Fallout 2.
About Neverwinter Nights Editions - The first Neverwinter Nights, developed by BioWare, along with all its expansions (Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark and Kingmaker) and some added content, can be found in the Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.
The Neverwinter Nights 2 series, developed by Obsidian Entertainment, has the original game (Neverwinter Nights 2) and two expansions (Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir). The base game and Mask of the Betrayer are included in the Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold Edition.
More information can be found at our Neverwinter Nights site.
The Dungeons and Dragons license has been used to produce such best-selling games as Neverwinter Nights 2, Neverwinter Nights, Dragonshard, The Temple of Elemental Evil, the Icewind Dale series and the Baldur’s Gate series.