Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
17th June, 2005 (PC)
21st November, 2003 (PS2 GBA)
20th February, 2004 (GC Xbox)
Prince of Persia
PC, PS2, Xbox, GC, GBA
Jordan Mechner, Ubisoft
PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME|
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is set amidst the scorched sands of ancient Persia, where there is a legend spun in an ancient tongue. It speaks of a time borne by blood and ruled by deceit.
It is within this war-torn land that a young Prince discovers a magic dagger. Drawn to its dark powers, he is led to unleash a deadly evil upon the reaches of his father's vast kingdom.
Aided by the wiles of a seductive princess and the absolute powers of the Sands of Time, the Prince stages a harrowing quest to reclaim the Palace's cursed chambers, and restore peace to the very fabric of Time itself. He must tread these dangers carefully, however. Because in this world, there is only one rule: master the Sands, or be buried by them.
Prince of Persia was created by Jordan Mechner in 1989, notable for having the most fluid human animation for its time. The revolutionary series was revived in 2003 with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, followed by Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones and Prince of Persia (2008).
- A Legendary Hero Returns - Wielding powers of mythic proportions, the Prince returns to gaming with gravity-defying acrobatics, ferocious fighting combos, and the ability to bend time to fulfill his destiny.
- Awe Inspiring Gameplay with the Sands of Time - Ubisoft's Montreal Studio presents The Sands of Time - a technological breakthrough that will change the face of action-adventure gaming forever. Erase the past, behold the future, and freeze the present in real-time for unlimited gameplay variations.
- Exotic Worlds, Vast Kingdoms - Uncover the mysteries of a world never before explored in action-adventure gaming. Ancient, mythical, and deadly, Persia holds a staggering array of landscapes and kingdoms to explore and conquer.
- A Sweeping Adventure of Betrayal and Triumph - The epic legends and deadly creatures of mythic Persia burn to life in this suspense-filled tale, featuring more twists and turns than the labyrinthian Palace itself.
- The studio behind Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell presents the new era of action-adventure - Ubisoft Montreal moves onto its next major hit while taking their knowledge and technology to the next level.
- Jordan Mechner - The Creator - The creator of the original Prince of Persia, and acknowledged "godfather" of the action-adventure genre, Jordan Mechner consults on all facets of game design - including storyline, cinematics, programming and artistic vision.