Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
11th November, 2001
Fight for all Things Good and Just!
From a distant corner of the galaxy, an evil alien race sets in motion a sinister plan to conquer the Earth. They unleash a powerful catalyst - Energy X - that imbues the planet's worst miscreants with super-powers to bring the planet to its knees.
Now Earth's only hope lies with a new breed of heroes - The Freedom Force! For the first time, comic book heroes come the life on the PC in this action-packed tactical RPG.
Are you hero enough?
EA Classics Edition, the same version as those that are sold in stores in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. The software and the manual are exactly the same as any other English language edition; only the packaging differs from the UK/US versions. Comes in a jewel-case with a slip-case. Manual on CD.
- Set in the Silver Age of comics, the game features both an intense 3D tactical battle engine and a rich RPG system.
- Command a squad of comic book heroes in the defense of Patriot City.
- Choose from over a dozen heroes or create your own comic champions, dozens of amazing character animations bring each hero to life.
- Uphold justice in over 20 action-packed missions - offering a variety of gameplay from foiling a bank robbery to rescuing a captured hero.
- Restore order in a completely interactive 3D world with fully destructible environments - destroy buildings and then use the debris to attack enemies.
- Take your heroes online and join the fight in multiplayer mode.
2K Boston/2K Australia is the current name of the studios formerly known as Irrational Games, and have released the critically-acclaimed BioShock, which has won over 50 Game of the Year Awards and has sold over 2.5 million units worldwide. Founded by members of Looking Glass Studios, Irrational Games developed the Freedom Force series as well as System Shock II. Looking Glass Studios released Thief The Dark Project, Thief II The Metal Age, the System Shock series and the Ultima Underworld series.
PC System Requirements
Windows XP/ME/2000/98 (Win95/NT are not supported) 300MHz Pentium III or AMD K6-2 processor - 600MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon recommended 96Mb RAM - 128Mb RAM recommended 16Mb video card using one of the supported chipsets - 32Mb recommended 531Mb harddisk space (plus space for saved games, DirectX 8.1 and Windows swap-file) - 570Mb recommended Environmental Audio capable sound recommended
Supported Video Cards
Nvidia - Riva TNT or TNT2, GeForce or higher ATI - Rage 128 or 128 Pro, Radeon or higher Matrox - MGA-G400 or G450 PowerVR - Kyro or Kyro II
Internet (2-4 players) - 56Kbps or faster direct Internet connection LAN (2-4 players) - TCP/IP compliant network One set of game discs per player