Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
1st August, 1999
Our Command & Conquer Site
COMMAND & CONQUER TIBERIAN SUN|
Set in the early 21st century, Tiberian Sun once again pits the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) against the Brotherhood of NOD in an epic struggle for control of the planet.
With an engaging storyline that unfolds as play progresses, you will learn the reason for the outbreak of Tiberium that has poisoned the Earth, and what happened to the notorious NOD leader Kane, who was presumed dead at the end of the original Command & Conquer.
- Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun features an all-new game engine and improved controls that will allow you to command your forces with even greater ease. Westwood Studios has created a more exciting and dangerous battlefield with dynamic 3D terrain, realistic physics and a fully reactive environment. Explosions leave craters. Lakes and rivers freeze. Ion storms cripple high-tech weapons. Forest fires rage out of control, and winds carry poison gas clouds.
- Multiple levels of warfare allow you to cripple opponents from afar or get up close and personal in an all-out ground war. GDI and NOD have distinct styles, units and abilities, providing unlimited tactical and strategic choices in the struggle for global domination.
- Travel under, over, or simply on the terrain as you employ devastating new weapons, including the Devil's Tongue, Hunter-Seeker Drones, Jump-Jet Infantry, Disruptors, Stealth Generators, genetically engineered cyborgs, the Firestorm Defence and many more. Units become faster and stronger as they gain combat experience.
- Kinetic battlefields has flying shrapnel, shock waves and crashing debris. Dynamic coloured lighting brings the mood and atmosphere alive. Stealth missions are set in the deep blue of early night. Bases on full alert come alive with sirens and spotlights in search of intruders.
- Enhanced Local Area Network and Internet play. Up to 8 players can engage in fierce combat over a LAN and players can go head-to-head via the Internet and Westwood Online. Find and challenge opponents from all over the world with just the click of a button without ever leaving the Tiberian Sun environment. Expanded multiplayer options include random Battle Map generation, Battle Clan support, and four new handicapping controls.
EA Classics Edition, the same version as those that are sold in stores in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. The software and the manual are exactly the same as any other English language edition; only the packaging differs from the UK/US versions. Comes in a jewel-case with a slip-case. Manual on CD.
This game has an expansion, Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm. Both titles are included in the Command & Conquer The First Decade compilation. Created by the critically-acclaimed developer EA Los Angeles (formerly Westwood Studios), the C&C series celebrated its 11th Anniversary in August 2006 with the release of Command & Conquer The First Decade. C&C, which helped define the Real-Time Strategy (RTS) genre, still ranks among the top five game series of all time, with over 25 million copies sold by the release of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3. C&C titles have consistently been the number one best-selling PC RTS titles for their year, including Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 (2000), Command & Conquer Generals (2003) and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (2007). The same team also developed Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth. The latest game in the series is Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.
For more information on the Command & Conquer series, please visit our Command & Conquer site.
PC System Requirements
Windows 98/95/NT (WinXP/ME/2000 are not officially supported) - The version in C&C The First Decade supports WinXP 166MHz Pentium or AMD Athlon processor 32Mb RAM 2Mb video card with 16-bit color. No hardware acceleration required. 200Mb harddisk space (plus space for saved games and Windows swap-file)
Internet - 28Kbps or faster direct Internet connection LAN - IPX compliant network