Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
SID MEIER'S CIVILIZATION II|
Civilization has Reached New Heights
With over 850,000 copies sold, the original Sid Meier's Civilization has made gaming history. Now comes the version even more challenging and exciting than that gaming milestone. Make every critical social, economic and political decision as you build an empire to span history. Compete against some of the greatest leaders of all time. It's discovery. It's diplomacy. It's your destiny. So plan your every move carefully. Because in this game, you either stand the test of time or you're history.
GameSpy lists this game as #22 (The original Civilization is #4) on its list of the Top 50 Games of All Time - Many players expected Civilization II to be nothing more than a slightly updated version of Sid Meier's Civilization. The original game debuted in 1991, so there were plenty of small graphical improvements that could be made by 1996. Fans of the original game were worried that the game designers might stray too far from the original game and destroy the addictive gameplay that made Civilization a classic. Fortunately, Microprose was able to add a host of new features and elements to the game without compromising the spirit of the original. Civilization II is instantly recognizable to players that loved the first game. The player starts with a small tribe during the Stone Age and must lead them through to the Space Age. Civ II improved on Civ I by adding many new races, new combat units, and a sophisticated warfare system that increased the realism in combat. The new graphical and audio effects also helped to add a greater depth to the game. Civilization II remains an addictive, entertaining, and compelling strategy game.
- Command Powerful Armies - Defend and conquer using a wide range of weaponry. Deploy a variety of troops, equipment and technology. From archers, paratroopers and elephants to AEGIS cruisers and Stealth fighters.
- Negotiate with Rival Empires - Plan a strategy to outwit history's most cunning leaders. Advanced diplomatic tactics allow you to wage war, make peace or form cooperative alliances with them.
- Devise and Control Technology - Drive your cities' technological evolution by inventing amphibious warfare, seafaring, tactics, theology, and more.
- Construct Wonders of the World - Full-motion video brings to life Leonardo da Vinci's Workshop, the Statue of Liberty and Marco Polo's Embassy.
- Influence History's Landmark Events - Play in pre-set scenarios and re-live some of the sweeping eras of mankind, including World War II and the Roman Empire.
- Enjoy All-New Graphics - Stunning graphics provide players with high resolution images and a realistic isometric view. A multi-functional Map Editor allows you to create unique worlds from a vast array of terrain.
With over nine million units sold worldwide, Sid Meier’s Civilization is recognized as one of the greatest strategy series of all-time. Created by the legendary Sid Meier in 1991, the original Civilization defined a new genre of empire-building strategy games. An addictive blend of building, exploration, discovery and conquest, Civilization is still recognized as one of the greatest games ever, earning such accolades as being #4 on GameSpy’s Top 50 Games of All Time (Civ2 is #22 on that same list) and being named by Computer Gaming World as the Best Game of All-Time. Civilization IV was named 2005’s PC Game of the Year. The latest game in the series is Sid Meier's Civilization V.