Browse by Category
PC GamesXbox 360 GamesXbox GamesPS3 GamesPS2 GamesMusicAnime + AnimationMoviesCola CansMagic: The GatheringMice, MousepadsT-Shirts, Posters,
19th October, 2007
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2008|
Experience the Greatest Job on Earth
Hybrid CD/DVD-Rom for PCs and Macs.
Football Manager 2008 is the next iteration of the award-winning Football Manager series from Sports Interactive. Fully updated for the new season, the game allows you to select your favourite club or international team and guide them to glorious success by putting them through Cup matches, Leagues, European Championships and even major international tournaments, with over 5,000 playable teams from over 50 countries.
Fan feedback on the previous version of Football Manager was, as always, taken very seriously by the development team, resulting in over a hundred new features, including a new advisory system to help new players through the different aspects of the game. This makes Football Manager 2008 the most accessible Football Manager yet, without losing any depth for the more experienced players.
- Match Flow - The largest change to match-day since the introduction of the second match engine. Match flow brings more atmosphere to match-days with match previews, team talks, opposition player instructions, the match itself, half time and post match. These now seamlessly follow on from one another, with no more pausing to make tactical changes, and a mini-radar pitch whilst making those tactical changes to keep you in touch with what's going on in the match.
- International Management - The international management gameplay has been completely revamped, including, but not limited to, media improvements, international retirements, player interaction, international scouting, improved pool selection, captain selection and a separation of international and club morale for players.
- Easier to Use - A much cleaner skin, a brand new advisor system to help players through various areas of the game. A new notes and notebook system, better button positioning for simpler navigation and an updated tutorial and manual. Also, coach reports make taking over a new team easier, and the new calendar system lists all important dates throughout the season. These all help to make Football Manager 2008 the easiest Sports Interactive game to use yet.
- Confidence - Easily tell what the board and supporters think about your performance through the new confidence section. This gives feedback not just on your current progress in competitions, but also on your financial management and signings.
- Transfer Centre - A new way of managing all current transfer and loan bids for a player's club, both incoming and outgoing, making it easier to compare bids and reject or accept them.
- Match Engine Improvements - A greatly improved match engine, once again utilising the footballing brain of former Republic of Ireland international player Ray Houghton as well as other tools used by real-life managers to make the most accurate simulation of football in a computer game. The ability to change the pitch dimensions at the start of the season to suit players' styles of play better has also been added.
- Awards Re-Write - An overhaul of the awards system, which is not only more accurate, but also includes new awards such as the European golden boot, and a "best eleven", which shows the all-time (in game) best eleven for all teams and nations.
- Finances Revamp - To reflect the changes in modern day football, the finance area has been updated to better reflect the ever changing football world, with more information available to the manager, including, but not limited to, corporate match day income, season ticket news, investment funds, improved sponsorships, collective win bonuses, and the ability to move around funds from the wage budget and transfer budget at any point to help you achieve the ideal squad.
- Fan Days - The board can now arrange fan days to boost ailing attendances, or for matches that are likely to attract a low crowd, with a long term effect to attendances if all goes well.
- Expanded Media - More media and feedback than ever before, plus more detail in existing media, and a new competition news section to find out what major things are going on in all league competitions.
- Regenerated Player Photo's - All in game generated players now have pictures using FaceGen technology to give each player more personality, and the ability for the players to be seen to grow up as the game goes on.
- Faster - Saving and loading is now significantly faster, with network gaming faster and smoother to play, as well as tactical changes and match reports being quicker than ever before.
Cover Scan of Actual Product
| All PC games are in ENGLISH (including the box and whatever it's supposed to come with), with unused CD-keys, and have not been registered. This will work on any computer, anywhere that meets the system requirements. PC games do not have regional encoding (PAL/NTSC). Check any PC game you own and you will not find a regional-encoding label on it. It will work on your American/European/Australian PC. |
Factory-sealed and brand-new (we follow all of eBay’s standard for new items). This is not a pirated (boot-leg) copy.
Yes, other sellers do sell pirated copies as the real thing. Yes, other sellers send "the CDs only to save on shipping". We ARE NOT one of those sellers. We DO NOT strip-down or misrepresent our products! These are the real thing! Our feedback speaks for itself!